Who needs obstetrics care?
Obstetrics is a medical field closely related to gynecology; it is focused on the care that women need during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period. Thus, any woman who is expecting a child can benefit from obstetrics care and counseling. From the very first signs of pregnancy, a woman should set up an appointment with an obstetrician – ideally, the same medical professional that will assist her throughout the nine months and during childbirth. The sooner you see an obstetrician, the better; certain tests and screenings performed early on during pregnancy can help mitigate risks and even save your life and that of your child.
What is obstetrics care comprised of?
Typically, an obstetrician can provide the following services:
- Prenatal care
- Ultrasounds and various other tests performed during pregnancy
- Prenatal classes that prepare the mother-to-be for labor, birth, and breastfeeding
- Lactation consultants that train the mother on breastfeeding after the child is born
- Various postnatal checkups
- Special pregnancy care for the mothers-to-be who experience complications during their pregnancy
- Nutrition coaching
- Social work services
Aside from these standard services, at the Barrie Women’s Health Center, every patient can receive personalized care, according to her needs and wishes. Even more, our team is happy to work with doctors from other hospitals or provide references for the mother-to-be to see other specialists.
Obstetrics in Barrie, Ontario
Dr. Evgenia Fefelova, the lead of our obstetrics sections has hand-picked all the members of her team in order to make sure that every patient at the Barrie Women’s Health Center receives comprehensive care and is always treated with respect. The health and well-being of your entire family is our top priority; we understand that the arrival of a new child can cause a disruption in a family’s regular life, so we are more than happy to provide you with counseling and training on any aspect related to caring for a newborn and integrating it into your family.
Barrie Gynecologist Doctor Services
- Common Gynecologic Issues/Problem
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Contraception & Family Planning
Menopause and Perimenopause
- Non-hormonal treatment options for menopause symptoms
- Painfull Intercource