Top Causes of Fertility Problems in Women
Infertility is a problem that many women have to face nowadays. It is caused by numerous factors and not all of them are known yet. Since information is power, let’s take a look at the top female infertility causes:
- Damaged fallopian tubes. These tubes are responsible for carrying the eggs from the ovaries to the uterus. When they are damaged, they prevent the contact between sperm and the egg. Fallopian tubes damage can be caused by endometriosis, various pelvic infections, as well as certain surgeries.
- Hormonal imbalances. Certain women can experience ovulation problems, which may lead to the thickening of the uterus line (also known the endometrium). When this happens, the egg cannot be fertilized. Such problems can easily be detected using blood tests designed to detect the hormonal levels, ovulation kits or body temperature measurements.
- Cervical problems. Typically caused by an abnormal production of mucus or certain cervical surgeries, these problems prevent the sperm from passing through the cervical canal and reaching the egg. Women who suffer from infertility caused by cervical problems are candidates for intrauterine insemination.
- PCOS or polycystic Ovaries Syndrome. Aside from infertility, this condition also causes irregular periods and abnormal hair growth. In women with PCOS, instead of producing viable eggs, the ovaries form small cysts. Possible solutions to this problem include weight loss, ovulation stimulation treatment and IVF.
- Unknown causes. Approximately 20% of women suffer from infertility with unexplained causes.
Luckily, there are numerous fertility treatments available today. The key to finding the right treatment is, first and foremost a proper diagnosis. Some women may suffer from two or more of these conditions and it is important to discover them all in order to find the right treatment. With the proper tests, depicting the problem that causes infertility can take as little as one week. Even more, given the numerous fertility treatment options, some women get to expand their families within the first year of treatment.
At Dr. Fefelova’s clinic in Barrie, Ontario you can find the right OB/GYN specialist to discuss about your fertility problems and to find the right solution for them. Dr. Fefelova has extensive experience in this field, as well as a team of dedicated, discreet and seasoned specialists. Aside from proper diagnosis and treatment, you can also receive a referral to a top fertility specialist in Barrie, Ontario.
Call us today and learn what we can do for you! Dr. Fefelova in Barrie, Ontario is the specialist you need!